Prep time 10 mins Cook time 30 mins Total time 40 mins
Turnip Gratin Ingredients
- 2c water
- 5 medium turnips, sliced
- 3T all purpose flour
- 3t baking powder
- ¾t salt
- ¼t pepper
- ½t garlic powder
- ¼t nutmeg
- 4T butter
- 2 eggs
- ½c shredded parmesan
- ¼c heavy cream
- ½c bread crumbs
Turnip Gratin How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a pan over medium high heat, bring the water to a boil. Add the sliced turnips and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In one bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the turnips, 2T butter, eggs, shredded parmesan, and heavy cream.
- Pour into a greased 9in baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 2T butter and combine with the bread crumbs.
- Cover the turnip mixture with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.