Prep time 15 mins Cook time 45 mins Total time 1 hour
This Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie is a warm welcome home from a loving, nurturing friend. A delicious, yet healthy friend that sneaks in a ton of veggies. My Daughter was loving it, scarfing it down so quickly she almost didn’t notice the mushrooms. She finished her plate before she had a chance to remember she doesn’t like mushrooms. Healthy comfort food win!
Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10oz frozen vegetables
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 1c beef broth
- 2T tomato paste
- 1T Worcestershire sauce
- 1t dried rosemary
- 1t dried basil
- 2T all purpose flour
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- ½c chicken broth
- 2T sour cream
Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie Recipe What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground turkey, yellow onion, and garlic over medium heat.
- Once browned, add the frozen vegetables, sliced mushrooms, beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and basil.
- Sprinkle the flour in and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- While the filling is simmering, microwave the sweet potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Flip and microwave 3-4 more minutes, until tender.
- Scoop out the sweet potato from the skin into a large bowl. Mix in the chicken broth and sour cream.
- When filling is done simmering, spoon the mixture into a casserole dish. Top with the sweet potato mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika on top and bake for 25 minutes.