Snickers Brownies are an awesome potluck/cookout/picnic dessert. Everyone loves them. They’re super easy. And they travel well. But I was in the mood to really fancy them up.
Specifically, Snickers brownies, Ooh, I just knew people would go crazy for them.
Snickers Brownies Recipe Ingredients
- 1½c sugar
- 2T butter
- 2T water
- 2c chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2t vanilla
- ⅔c all purpose flour
- ¼t baking soda
- ¼t salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼c evaporated milk
- 1½c marshmallow fluff
- ½c creamy peanut butter
- ¾c peanuts
- 1c caramel sauce
Snickers Brownies Recipe What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, heat ½c of the sugar, butter, and water until boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 and ½c of the chocolate chips.
- Stir in the eggs and the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1t of the vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Bake until a knife comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Once the brownie layer has cooled, make the nougat.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add 1c of the sugar and evaporated milk, stirring until dissolved, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from heat and add the marshmallow fluff, ¼c of the peanut butter, and 1t of the vanilla, stirring until smooth.
- Pour over the brownie layer. Refrigerate until cool.
- Sprinkle a layer of peanuts on top of the nougat layer.
- Pour to cover with the caramel sauce. Refrigerate until cool.
- Microwave the remaining ½c of chocolate chips and ½c of creamy peanut butter until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour on top of the caramel layer. Refrigerate until cool.