Prep time 20 mins Cook time 1 hour 45 mins Total time 2 hours 5 mins
I love this skinny version of spaghetti bolognese. And, even more, it’s baked in a single dish. I just love a one dish meal.
Skinny Spaghetti Squash Bolognese Ingredients
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1t olive oil
- 1c sliced mushrooms
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz spaghetti sauce
- 16oz low fat cottage cheese
- 20 basil leaves
- ¾c shredded mozzarella
Skinny Spaghetti Squash Bolognese How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice spaghetti squash into rings, cleaning out the seeds.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then peel the skin away and separate the spaghetti strands. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add mushrooms and brown for 4-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pan, brown the ground turkey.
- Add the yellow onion and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a greased casserole dish, spread the spaghetti squash in an even layer.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Spread the cottage cheese in an even layer.
- Top with a layer of basil leaves and shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the aluminium foil and broil for 5 minutes.