Prep time 10 mins Cook time 1 hour Total time 1 hour 10 mins
My friend, butternut squash, is a great friend. All healthy and delicious, and can be just as agreeable. Roasted and mashed butternut squash is a healthier alternative to my beloved mashed potatoes. And just as creamy! I kept it simple and just added a touch of butter. But you can totally mix it up: add a little cheese and green onions, maybe add in some garlic when roasting, or a sprinkle of smoked paprika. No worries, mashed roast butternut squash is cool with it.
Mashed Roast Butternut Squash Ingredients
- 1 butternut squash
- 2T milk
Mashed Roast Butternut Squash How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut lengthwise. Spoon out the seeds and cut into cubes.
- Spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Transfer the butternut squash to a mixing bowl and add the milk.
- With a handheld mixer, mix until smooth and creamy.