Prep time 10 mins Cook time 45 mins Total time 55 mins
I love that this lavender loaf is so simple, and has a wonderfully floral/buttery taste. The lemon glaze brightens it up and really gives it just a touch of citrus tartness. This is such a special addition to brunch that it will definitely be served at this year’s Easter brunch!
Lavender Loaf with Lemon Glaze Recipe Ingredients
- 1c sugar
- ½c butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2½T lavender syrup
- 1½c all purpose flour
- 1t baking powder
- ½t salt
- ½c milk
- ¾c powdered sugar
- 2t lemon juice
Lavender Loaf with Lemon Glaze Recipe How to make
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the lavender syrup.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and the salt.
- Alternate adding the milk and the flour mixture into the creamed mixture a little at a time until just incorporated.
- Pour into a greased 4×8 loaf pan.
- Bake until a knife comes out clean, 45-50 minutes.
- Once the loaf has cooled, remove from the pan.
- Stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the glaze to cover the loaf.