I made these Chocolate Chip Scones to share, and they were a hit! They are perfect for brunch. I love a recipe that can play double duty from breakfast to dessert.
Prep time 20 mins Cook time 12 mins Total time 32 mins
Chocolate Chip Scones Ingredients
- ¾c heavy whipping cream
- 2t vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3c all-purpose flour
- ⅔c sugar
- 5t baking powder
- ¼t salt
- ½lb unsalted butter, chilled & cut into pats
- ¾c chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Scones How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream, & vanilla extract. Mix in the egg.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, & salt. Cut the butter into the mixture using a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add the cream mixture into the flour/butter crumbs with a fork, combining gently until it just begins to come together. Carefully fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread out onto a floured surface and flatten with a floured rolling pin until dough is about ½in. Using a knife, cut into 12 equal pieces. Cut each piece diagonally to form 24 equal triangles.
- Transfer to a baking sheet & bake for about 12 minutes. Move baked scones to parchment paper to cool.