A warm, meatless dip that tastes like your favorite burrito
It would have been simple to add an envelope of taco seasoning to cream cheese and call it good, but taco seasoning tends to be on the list of no-no’s for my gluten sensitivity. Instead, I added my own spices and covered the entire dip with re fried beans. My husband said it tasted remarkably like a burrito. A few moves back, when we lived in the Seattle area, he had a favorite food truck that sold the best burritos. It moved around the city, so we never knew when it would be in our neck of the woods. When we saw it, though, we made sure to stop and buy a couple burritos. They were huge, all wrapped in foil and filled with wonderful flavor. This dip aims to capture the food truck experience, for when we are hankering for that Mexican food taste.
Burrito Dip Recipe Ingredients
- 14 oz can re fried beans
- 4 oz can sliced black olives
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pepper Jack cheese (or plain Monterrey Jack cheese)
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Burrito Dip Recipe How to Make
- In a bowl, mix together the spices and cream cheese.
- Stir in the shredded cheeses.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the bottom of an oven proof 1 quart baking dish.
- Top with the refried beans and then the olives.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.