These are cows in covers to be more accurate. I decided to make little bleu cheese meatballs wrapped in bacon. This gave them a bit more sophistication than we normally have around here. I mixed blue cheese, a little steak seasoning, bread crumbs and hamburger. I formed 12 balls and partially cooked them in the microwave on a bacon rack. That kept the grease out of the biscuits.
When I rolled out the biscuits, I rolled them too thin. I didn’t want to re-roll it and make it tough, so, thinking on my feet, I threw them into muffin tins. One thin layer of biscuit on the bottom, meat in the middle, then a second layer of biscuit dough went on top. After baking them, we dipped them in blue cheese dressing as we ate them. They were really tasty. The adults in the house thought they were delicious.
Blue Cheese Biscuit Burgers Ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1½ tsp steak seasoning
- ⅓ cup fine, dry bread crumbs
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese (or more if you really love the blue cheese flavor)
- Biscuit Dough:
- 5 cups flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
Blue Cheese Biscuit Burgers How to Make
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Form into mini patties.
- Par-cook in the microwave or slightly brown in a skillet (leave the insides pink so they don’t dry out in oven later).
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter.
- Add the buttermilk.
- Roll out on a floured surface.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake 450 degrees for 12 minutes.