Back to Top
Blue Cheese and Currant Shortbread Biscuits Ingredients
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives
- 3 Tbsp currants
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1½ oz blue cheese
- 2 tsp heavy cream
Blue Cheese and Currant Shortbread Biscuits how to Make
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the flour and salt.
- Mix in the chives and currants.
- Roll out on top of plastic wrap to form ¼ inch thick rectangle. (this step eliminates the need for flour on the counter and makes it easy to roll up).
- Combine the blue cheese, cream cheese and heavy cream in a bowl until smooth.
- Spread it out all over the top of the shortbread dough.
- Roll it up like cinnamon rolls.
- Slice into ¼ inch slices and put on a cookie sheet
- ( I highly recommend you use a Silpat or other silicon baking sheet liner, but it’s not necessary).
- Bake 325 degrees for 17-19 minutes.
- You want these a little bit brown around the edges.
- The chives and cheese caramelize on the bottom and create an amazing foil to the sweetness of the shortbread and currants.